FileZoomer Public Beta Available for Download
FileZoomer™ is the easy way of using Amazon S3 to store your files. If you have or are considering an Amazon S3 account that you’re using for file storage check out FileZoomer. The current version of the beta software is available for immediate download and you can register as a beta tester and download the software by clicking the download tab above.
We think the latest version of the product, released in December 2012, is still extremely easy to use and helps to bring “Simple” back into the “Simple Storage Service” that S3 was intended to be, while at the same time offering advanced features like Versioning, Object Life Cycle, and Batch Processing. (See a list of new features below the image)
The beta .9 release includes the following functionality:
- File Management of your S3 Account
- File Sharing
- The ability to move files between S3 Buckets
- File Compression using standard “zip” format
- A report that shows total storage used across ALL buckets
- This storage used report also provides an estimate of your monthly storage bill from Amazon (just the storage, we can’t calculate the bandwidth or other costs billed by Amazon)
- Support for S3 Versioning (beta .9 added Dec. 20)
- Support for S3 Object Life Cycle (beta .9 added Dec. 20)
- Support for easy file migration to Amazon Glacier via Life Cycle (beta .9 added Dec. 20)
- Support for Batch Processing, with interactive GUI configuration (beta .9 added Dec. 20)
We’d be most interested in hearing your thoughts on FileZoomer, and what you’d like to see added to the product..